top of page


Nonprofit Formation & Tax Exemption

Bromberger Law offers comprehensive start-up services for new nonprofits, including public charities and private foundations, exempt under Section 501(c)(3), as well as other types of tax-exempt organizations. 


Our services include:

  • Consultation regarding the planned nonprofit and its objectives, the rights and responsibilities of founders and directors, including assistance honing the mission, clarifying the purpose, and identifying the charitable activities it will conduct

  • Filing state incorporation documents

  • Writing initial bylaws, resolutions and policies necessary to get the nonprofit started

  • Assisting you to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)

  • Completing and filing an IRS application for tax-exempt status

  • Responding to any follow-up questions from the IRS, providing application tracking and support until the new charity receives an IRS determination letter

  • Qualifying the nonprofit to do business in your state of operation (if different from your state of incorporation)

  • Applying for state sales tax exemption and registering to solicit charitable contributions (if applicable)


We perform these services for a flat fee, inclusive of state and federal filing fees.


If you are interested in learning more, please contact Carly Leinheiser, Partner, Bromberger Law,

bottom of page